Thursday, July 30, 2026

CMPD Officer Seth Elliott

This one hurts. 

Most of you know Cedar has family that are CMPD Officers. Some retired, some still at it. A dozen close friends, even the family that's not CMPD runs a long line of public safety and law enforcement. This mess includes; a battalion chief in Charleston, Gaston County EMS, a former SBI investigator, two state department employees, a former US Attorney and others that I respect and trust. Public servants sworn to uphold the law and honor our nation, our state and our city. Many I have known lifetime. During all these years I've never imagined this from a CMPD Officer.


Court documents say CMPD Officer Seth Elliott (CMPD Class 197) looked up an undercover officer's license plate information in Flock and CJ Leads and provided it to the subject of a drug investigation in Watauga County. 

"On June 16, 2026, Defendant, Seth Daniel Elliot, was contacted by a drug target who requested the defendant query a North Carolina License Plate Registration which was affixed to an undercover officer's vehicle. The drug target was a subject of a drug investigation which was initiated by the Watauga County Sheriff's Office. Seth Elliot is a Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Officer. Elliott queried the North Carolina License Plate in Flock Safety, Inc. and CJ Leads. Elliott provided  this information to the drug target."

Apparently an alleged drug dealer was suspicious of a buyer and asked Elliott to run the buyer's plate through the databases. The affidavit says Elliott did so and it came back as an undercover officer and he provided that information to the alleged dealer.

Elliott is on unpaid administrative leave.

This is bad and if true maybe there's a Sonny Crockett who's telling him:

"I can't touch you, I know that, too many obstacles, too many politics. But you're dirty, Seth, and I'm patient."

3 comments:

  1. Cedar literally trashed a mother of an abused autistic child that the SBI had to arrest the father at CMPD. No apology or retraction was ever conducted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another DEI hire….OH WAIT! It’s a Caucasian male giving info to meth dealers. That’s not the only time he did that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so fast

    Who was his recruiter?
    Who was his PTO?
    Who was his SGT?

    The system allows these people to exist without outside governance.

    ReplyDelete