Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Dates with a TV News Reporter Part Two

There's that really cool moment where the attraction flows both ways, when the mind shuts down and passion takes over.

I drive, she snuggles, we hold hands and the night races by. It's late and the lights on the Ravenel bridge over the Charleston Habor turn off as if on que. XM Radio is playing Snow Patrol Chasing Cars and even my SUV seems to know where this is all headed. I love to drive fast and high above the waters of the harbor we are flying, to a destination unknown.

Along highway 17 traffic lights become make out sessions, we get lucky and hit every red light for six miles.

Funny thing about weddings, there are always stragglers. But it seems a little odd that there are so many people in the parking lot. Turns out there has been an "all points bulletin" out for Ms. TV Girl as her car is still in the parking and she is no where to be found.

Suddenly my very attractive new found friend has the horrid look of panic on her face. I'm not sure if it is the crowd or the police car. She pleads to keep going and not to stop as we drive past the entrance to the country club.

OK, I'm game, I start to ask why are we running from your friends then pause to think or are we running from the police? All of a sudden Snow Patrol is replaced with Dirkes Bentley "What was I thinking" and we are on the run.

This would also explain the frequent looks at her Blackberry, the text messages and phone calls she wasn't answering. Things are not all that I had hoped for, it seems as Ms. TV is married. Or in her own words "I'm kinda married" and do I have questions.

Where is husband? Answer, we don't get along.

I try again.

Where is husband? Answer, Oh he's not here he's overseas.

Really? I reply.

Where overseas?

Iraq, she calmly answers.

I nearly take out a street light. What was I thinking is replaced with the twilight zone theme song.

It's surprising to me how fast things can go bad. Turns out Ms. TV Girl is married to a Marine who is in camp "Anaconda" which is the kind of death I can expect when he hears about Ms. "I'm leaving him" and won't be back until next summer.

Time to bail.

Guys are really not good at this, lame as I know it sounds I offer the, it's be fun, it's late, I have a big week coming up and I'll call you. Safely on the other side of the parking lot Mrs Married to a Marine who's in Iraq TV Girl slips out of my car.

The look is "I'm sorry" and "don't be mad at me"

I step out of my car and she comes over to my side. Silence, she hesitates, I do not. The kiss lasts forever.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment